Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Seeds


Untitled
Dawna Markova
May I, may you, may we
not die unlived lives.
May we choose to inhabit our days,
to allow our living to open us,
to make us less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen our hearts
until they become wings,
torches, promises.
May each of us choose to risk our significance;
to live so that which comes to us as seed
goes to the next as blossom
and that which comes to us as blossom
goes on as fruit.


2009  My Seeds
Zora, Me, Alison (w/Scarlett), Hillary holding Stella
This poem crossed my path this morning.  I read it at dedication ceremony when we mixed the ashes of my parents together and put them into the ground in Gunnisonville Cemetery.












1944 ~ Columbia, S.C.


Here are a few of my favorite photos
of my Mom and Dad.
With pictures following
of Alan and Gail.
Our family of seven
has been reduced to three. 











1952 ~ Palmer House Hotel ~ Chicago


1980 ~ Gulf Shores, AL

1978



2006 ~ Thanksgiving Day


Alan Bryce Henry ~ September 3, 1957 to May 19, 1979
LeRoy Jerome Henry ~ September 15, 1923 to December 15, 2007
Lois Ophelia (Butts) Henry ~ January 23, 1922 to February 7, 2008
Priscilla Gail Farrell ~ July 18, 1949 to March 31, 2014






....and that which comes to us as blossom goes on as fruit!


2013 ~ Scarlett, Zora, Stella



1 comment:

  1. An interesting thing just happened as I was reading this post...I had mentioned Gail's passing and just noticed I had not listed her name along with Alan, Mom and Dad........Hmm...She's not dead to me yet I guess....

    ReplyDelete