Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Twelve Days of Xmas and the Prelude

This of course will not be a traditional reflection as I've given up on religion in general and Jesus in particular, ie: god isn't what you think and Jesus cannot save you. That being said however, I read several wonderfully thought provoking pages this morning in the Celtic Spirit which I feel compelled to share with you. Share because one of the references mentioned taking time and space to be who we are. To actually push aside the pressures of an often frantic season and reflect on who we are or who we wish we were or in fact who we portray ourselves to be.  For me it's been a difficult year: a sister and former husband dying, a four year relationship ending, a weight loss regained and wine consumption beyond the parameters of  personally acceptable. I say this out loud because to me they seem difficult, then I compare it to any current news topic (just pick one, Ferguson, Garner, CIA Torture Report, Immigration Reform, Ebola, Any Country in the Middle East, North Korea....the list tumbles off the page),  and my life is a piece of cake in comparison. But it isn't of course, just like your life probably isn't either. We are forever trying to solve some pressing issue deep within us, sometimes making headway, sometimes failing. The key is to keep coming back.

Somehow taking time to create this entry, when I have a list a mile long to prepare for a house full of festivities, just seems like something I should really do. Something which brings me back to what I really enjoy, which is writing. And just when I'm sure I read an email and this appears One of the important opportunities of this solstice and new moon is to work on releasing all disappointments, regrets and dissatisfactions from the past year.  It's all tied together, it's a circle, we are one human family on one planet earth.....

So...my intention for these next few days is to share some of the insights from this book, which,  toward the end of December, focuses on the solstice, hearth & home, and being human. Those would be the 12 days of xmas. Two days prior, the topic is suspending your disbelief and what gifts do you really want. I'm particularly interested in 23 December when the focus turns to coming home, the preparations we make for family and friends. Perhaps you will have, or take, the time to read and reflect on your life, your family, your beliefs. For me, there are some calming and restoring inferences to temper my conflicts both personal and global. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did...

The 12 days plus 2 which I've chosen are December 19th through January 1st, and have no real connection to the art picture above , the song or the Christian references...it's just a title.

You may now click on this link Twelve Days to read the entries. I did not get them completed however as I became ill, posting only the 19th thru the 28th.  Perhaps it will be complete by next season!


No comments:

Post a Comment